This project intends to revise the seasonal planning process for the Peak RC Area to better align with the following industry changes:
· The new TOP and IRO standards
· The new IRO-017-1 Outage Coordination Process
· Peak’s revised SOL Methodology v8.1
· The retirement of TOP-007-WECC-1a
· Changes in TPL standards
The primary objective of this project is to design and implement a seasonal planning process that accomplishes the following goals at a minimum:
· Addresses TOP and RC needs
· Adds real value to operations preparedness
· Facilitates coordinated operations
· Dovetails with NERC required studies (TPL, IRO-017 Outage Coordination)
· Aligns with and supports the SOL Methodology v8.1
· Retains the aspects of the current process that are working well and are adding value
To complete this project, Peak has employed a strategy similar to that of the IRO-017-1 Outage Coordination Project and the 2016 SOL Methodology Revision Project:
· Peak has established a list of stakeholders comprised of two individuals representing each NERC-registered TOP in the RC Area.
· Peak has created a small team of individuals from those stakeholders to work with Peak on more granular level to develop the revised seasonal planning process.